Saturday, September 14, 2013

Thoughts on Sydney

Hello hello! I am back from Sydney!! Yeahhh.." Le Sigh" =( Though I am pretty grateful that we escaped the sudden temperature drop, but I still miss it dearly. I have yet to organize any of my pictures and it will be a picture-less post. Apparently we took around 1k+ of pictures! Oh my! So shall take my time and upload it slowly so I could still savour the moment. haha.

Well Sydney Sydney. My first time in Sydney, and I have to say, I quite like it over there. I like the fact that houses there has their own backyard and each house is different. Not like in Malaysia whereby terrace houses are all the same for that stretch without a backyard. Back of the house is normally emergency lane and longkang ( Drains ). Damn.I have this fantasy over backyard because whenever I watch western movies or drama, they always have bbq at the backyard, spending some time with their family outdoor and just chilling. Well, its easier for them to do so mainly because of the weather. Who would want to stay outdoor with the sun is torching hot and there is no wind or slight breeze to cool you down in Malaysia? Not me. Even if it is during evening time, I would have avoided it at all cost, its the time whereby dengue mosquitoes are the most active.

I always wonder, why do Ang Mohs like to stay under the sun all the time and just lying on the grass? Now I know why. Because whenever there is sun, it is warm. When we were in Sydney, its sunny most of the time since it is early Spring, but the sea breeze is very chilly. So whenever we feel it is a little too cold, we will automatically hunt for the sun and stand under it. Even if it is a little warm in the noon, whenever the wind blows, its just nice.It is nice to lie on the grass to relax, to spend some time with your loved one or with your family, to just get a little bit of sun for the day. I can totally imagine myself grabbing a sandwich and coffee while reading a book in the park when the weather is nice. But of course, that comes from me who has been living in a tropical country since I was born and had never stayed in a country with four seasons more than three weeks. I would love to experience living in a four seasons country at least for a year so I could know how does it feels like. That, will be one of my goals to be achieved in the future.

Transportation is overly expensive. A single ticket from the place I stay which is Eastwood to International airport cost us like $13.90 each. We got the shock of our life the first time we purchased tickets to the city, where by it is closed to 14 dollar for a round trip for both of us. I like the trains though, not the speed and frequency of it. It is comparable with KTM, sad to say. The frequency of the trains can be up to 30 mins for none peak hours. I am pretty much used to Singapore MRT whereby it is fast and the frequency is high, hence the comparisons. The train coaches are pretty cool. It is double decker coach, or whichever name it is supposed to be call, and they have quiet coaches to cater for people who likes their train journey to be a peaceful one. So if you would like to chat, or pick up phone calls, you will need to move to other carriage. I personally think this is brilliant. On a side note,I wish there are more railway map at each stations.

As a tourist, even if we are spending our money from Singapore dollar, it can be a little expensive, for shopping that is. Topshop, Zara or even their local brands, I think it is cheaper to get it in Singapore. Which is also why I did not shop much in Sydney, compared to Seoul. Gosh, I LOVE SHOPPING IN SEOUL! haha. Back to Sydney. For all the Pandora fans out there, Australia will be your heaven to shop for charms especially in duty free shops. It is slightly cheaper I think. For a normal silver charm, it can be 27 dollars each if you buy it in  duty free shop, in Aussie dollar of course. I think it is relatively cheaper.

Food wise, it is not exactly that cheap. If you convert from Malaysia Ringgit, you will be screaming its very expensive. For a decent meal in a cafe, a normal Big Breakfast can cost up to 22 dollars, egg benedicts around $16 or $18? Even if you go to any Asia Restaurants which is cheaper in contrast,  a plate of fried rice can go up to $15? In restaurant price that is, not those take away outlets. I think it is cheaper to cook at home compared to eating out. Steaks are very cheap, very. Three pieces or Sirloin steak for 8 bucks? Yes please! That, is from a tourist's point of view. If you are earning local currency, I am sure it is a different story.

Sceneries in Sydney is breathtaking. If you love baby blue sky with crystal clear sea water and lovely breeze, this is the place. Imagine baby blue skies with fluffy clouds, ferries and yachts cruising by, lovely sea breeze as you stroll along the whaft. Amazing! Well, I am not really that good in describing sceneries, but hope you get what I meant. haha. Every thing that we see is like a painting, picture perfect and you just feel like recording everything that you have seen with both of your eyes and remember it forever. Damn! How can you be so pretty Sydney?

This is only Sydney, I am pretty sure the suburbs will be even better. Till next time, when I have more money it is. haha. Anyway, these are my little thoughts after coming back from Sydney. Bear in mind that everyone has their own opinion, and this is solely based on my own. I am out!

p/s I think I am developing slight fever as I speak. Body has not adjust back to local weather.

No comments: