Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Now



HELLO! It has been awhile isn't it? Time for some little update on my life now. Well, I am working in a new environment now, which is pretty interesting and relaxing so far. Currently I am moving forward to a hotel entity! Like finally right? The hotel is not ready yet, so we are all now in training mode aka office hour mode! Yay! Have I told you before I have NEVER once work around office hour timing before? The reality of working in a hospitality environment, you will not have that luxury of sitting down in the office doing paperwork, unless you are in higher management. Waking up early is a pain but I am loving the weekend off luxury. Not liking the super high traffic in every corner of Singapore during the weekend, but, I can get use to it, while it last of course. I think I am left with two more weeks of weekend off before we move into the hotel. Oh no!

The challenges that I have so far, is definitely on improving my social skills and leadership. I am so used to working in a team as small as a 4 man show and suddenly I am surround by 40 colleagues. It is pretty intimidating you see. Its like I am having some sort of a culture shock. But, I am sure that things will improve as time goes by. Fingers crossed.

A little something that I would like to share here. I always said that we will meet different people in our life, so on and fourth. And there will be people who leaves a significant footprint in your life, not always in a good way sometimes. Today, I was reminded of someone who had left a mark in my training days and because of this incident, I was exposed to the cruel world of a working society. I still remember sitting in front of my manager with tears rolling down my cheeks because of politics at work. I still remember how painful it is to see people with two faces and you still have to pretend like nothing had happened. Oh well. Those were the trainee days. I am over that phase! This person had shown me what I may face in the future, and somewhat prepares me mentally. But, as pety as I may seem, it is still unforgivable. hahaha. Some scars just don't heal you see.

You may or may not agree with that person's working style, because it may contradicts with what you believe in, but it is okay, because everyone is different. Just stay true to yourself, and believe in what you know best. Do not be influence by others because he/she does not stand on the same line as you. Right? At least I think it is right la! haha.

And oh! I need to find a new place to move to AGAIN! We are like a nomad man. Damn. It is super frustrating to look for the right place to stay as there are so many other factors to be considered. Talking about frustrations! Sometimes, people can just get on your nerves with their tak-apa attitude. You tak apa tak tahu for so many years already then suddenly send a huge letter with a deadline to my house. Why is it so that my friend who had graduated together with me received the confirmation with the same documents I had submitted where else mine was delayed for so many years? It is as though they purposely make it harder for me so I would give up on the application! WHY! Ah well. There is nothing that I can do but to try and oblige to what they want.

Okay, maybe I should end this post on a better tone other than frustrations all the way. I am going to Jeju Island end of this year! YAY! I can not wait to go back to my kimchi land with super nice food and skincare products. But before that, work really really hard so that I can get a house by end of this year, or early 2015. Just saying. ^^



No comments: