Now, I am really tired, fatigue, and exhausted. Any other words to describe how tired I am? This week is hell for us and it is just the beginning, weekend is not even here yet. People who are rude, doesn't understand the importance of punctuality, people who have mood swings and lashes out on staffs, people who are cheapo etc etc. And the worst of all, we have to endure all of this, and return back to work with a smile on the face, even if it is not sincere. Reviews online are good if it is a positive one, but it only takes one negative comment to kill it all. No matter how unfair it is and how freaking you are feeling on the inside, you cannot lash it out on them. Because, they will be the one pointing out every single flaws, whether it is big or small and post it online.
Heck, it is not fair but this is the sad truth of this industry. Customers can have emotions, stress, anger any other negative emotions, but for us, no matter what shit lands on us, once we return back into the service, we have to smile. We are working from morning as early as 10.30 until 10 pm or maybe midnight if we are doing closing shift, 6 days a week. So that is almost 10 hours a day minus our break time in the afternoon. And customers still don't freaking understand that we need to rest in the afternoon before dinner service commence and take their own sweet time chatting with their friends or eating so slow that everything on the plate turns cold and soggy. Sometimes we have so many things to do, paperworks to clear that we don't even have a break in between. So that makes it 12 hours of work everyday!!!
We have to be fast at work, accurate at our work, keep putting on the smiley faces, PR with the guests, carry heavy stuffs, wipe everything from glasses, cutlery etc etc.For someone who is clumsy in nature, me, it is not easy at all. I have to focus and focus more at work and hell, it is very tiring.
No matter how much extra effort I had to put into my work, how much of time and energy I had spent, can other people see it? Will they appreciate it?
I also want to dress up nicely and go to work. Work in an working environment whereby others respect you for what you do and appreciate all the efforts that had been pour into the work. Don't have to carry heavy things all the time, or sweat like a pig at the end of the day with hair flying everywhere. How I wish others could understand our job, and respect us like how they respect other professionals like doctor or lawyer. By the way, our pay is not even that high, in fact it is very low.
*Sigh*
How I wish I have the influence to change people's perception towards people who works in this industry. One day, one fine day.......
No comments:
Post a Comment