This, will be my ranting post. So if you are not a fan of reading someone ranting in their blog, you can avoid this post at all cause. =)
I have been in the new restaurant for one week and damn, politics are flying everywhere. I am trying to be neutral and as humble as I can get in this new job. Partially because everyone else had worked for a longer period compared to me, even the trainee.
I start from the rock bottom, as a food runner. Means the one who serves food only. I know everything needs to follow an order so I don't mind it at all. In fact, I am pretty happy with it. But I had been studying and interning for quite some time and it is not hard for me to understand everything faster than others. But, no matter where you want to put me, I will just listen. And honestly, I don't mind.
I was intro to this company by my ex restaurant manager-aka role model - aka friend and his gf aka ex wine sommelier aka female role model. I had knew them for almost four years now? And they really sayang me to be honest. So when I just joined this new company, I totally understand that others will be curious on our relationship and some may even think that I got this job based on my relationship with them. So, I want to prove them wrong. I want them to know that I am capable person and I get this job because I deserves it.
For me, its very simple. Work is work, when I am at work, I am a serious person. I like things to be in order, I don't like to slack, I like to move when I work. Sitting down relaxing is not my thing. I know I may sound like a workaholic but this is how I work. I am here to learn something and to achieve my goal. I am not here to please everyone and I am certainly not here to entertain anyone.
When others resting during break, I read and do research. Well, even though it is only for one week. haha. But i will try and keep it that way. If you ask me why. Let me tell you why, because my senior intro me this work, the higher management's expectation towards us is higher than the rest. I don't want to let him down and I don't want others to badmouth about my relationship aka friendship with him.
And I found a motivation to work. A motivation to keep me moving forward and help me to set my goal. Thats why I am working really hard now. My manager wants me to join competition next year. Means his expectation of me is also very high. Even though I really don't know why they think so, but I am trying my best not to let anyone down. I study even harder than for University finals. Imagine that.
Just now when I was in my 'zen' mode, I was trying to convince myself to neglect how others look at me and just do what I am suppose to do. Like what my senior said, time will prove them wrong. When they know what you are capable of, they will stop talking. I need to learn how to not care about what other thinks.
So yeaps. That is about it. Finish ranting. =) So, no matter how hard it is, I will hang in there. How I wish human relationship is not this complicated.
1 comment:
Trust u can do it well!! Gambateh!!!
Post a Comment