Friday, July 9, 2010

What to eat in Seremban other than Seremban Siew Pau

What to eat in Seremban other than Seremban Siew Pau

Today I read the newspaper and I saw an article about what to do in Seremban..and they actually introduce one of the most expensive Laksa Shop in Seremban...this restaurant happen to be just near my house..and honestly...the price itself will scare you away...taste? hmmmm...still acceptable..but not the best in Seremban..

So...what can you eat in a small town like Seremban? A lot of people relate Seremban to Siew Pau and crab..but hey..that is not all..you can find quite a few good outlets to fill up your tummy...

Firstly...the best laksa in Seremban for me? I am sure my friends would agree with me...It will definitely be Asia Laksa....


Asia Laksa

This little bowl of noodle is filled with curry godness...first you must have a very good curry broth...then here comes tau fu pok ( okay..I am a weirdo and I normally don't like to eat this..because I don't like the curry broth to percik out of your mouth when you eat it..normally this is why people like to eat this..haha..), then comes taugeh...chicken or egg and lastly... cockles..it is a must must have...=) there you go..a bowl of laksa goodness..slurrrpp..though you can find laksa almost everywhere..but THIS laksa has a distinctive curry taste that you can not find else where..that is why most of us had been eating there since young...and this bowl of laksa only cost you RM4...

After laksa...here comes Seremban one and only Beef Noodle...


Seremban Beef Noodle

What is so different about this beef noodle? It is definitely the gravy that binds everything together...Normally the ones you find in KL is noodle mix with minced meat and other accompaniments with the soup..but our Seremban Beef Noodles are all in all together...add a touch of salty vege, peanuts and top with some sesame seeds..and the most important thing of all...the GRAVY...slurrrppp..I don't know how to explain the gravy..you just need to try it yourself..




There you go...Seremban Beef Noodle

For me..the best Beef Noodle you have to get it at Pasar Besar Seremban...though they have another outlet near my house which is Kemayan Square..I still find the ones at the market more authentic..perhaps the environment does make a differences..

After beef noodle, we shall proceed to this..porridge...

Porridge is not really my thing..i hate white porridge unless it comes with salted vegetables, peanuts and braised egg..that..i love...but other than that..i don't really fancy porridge because i don't like it hot..@@ okay..I know I am still a weirdo..:p anyways..i don't mind fish porridge either...but what we ate here is...frog porridge...

Frog Porridge

This restaurant is located near my school which is SMK Puteri, just right opposite the Steamboat restaurant...I had never eaten here before so I did not know it attracts quite some hungry Seremban porridge seeker...


Okay..I do not know how to describe a good bowl of porridge...perhaps porridge at the right texture and right seasoning...:p

But what is good here is THISSSSS..


Fish Ball noodle

I know it is an awkward combination..frog leg porridge and fish ball noodle...but..it is awkwardly nice..haha..especially the fish ball noodle...we ordered it dry and it comes with the noodles with minced meat, coriander, some fried fu chok andddddd..pork lard...the nice thing about this noodle is definitely the pork lard..it lifted the taste of the noodle to another level...not to be forgotten the fish ball..nowadays..it is not easy to find a nice home cook fish ball... slurrrppp..

Of course there are many more good food in Seremban...I will introduce more in the future when I have the chance to take a picture of it...=)

Enough of food..introducing my new cousin sister...jia xin.....

cute yea...haha..I always have this thing for babies with big eyes...=)

This is a very cute picture of her..terrified by my mum's hair which looks like a ghost in this picture...haha

The guinea pig I gave my mum had grown bigger...and very manja...probably because she is alone in Seremban so she tend to stick to human whenever you bring her out..So cute of her..very different from the ones in KL..haha..the ones in KL will just run away whenever you bring them out...tsk tsk tsk..probably i should isolate them for some time so they will learn how to appreciate our attentions..

Her eyes are as big as ever...lovesss

and hey..my phone camera is pretty good le..sometimes better than my cam...@@


Us..<3

No comments: