Saturday, April 16, 2011

Nails and food

For the moment, my work is 95 percent done. Left the final part where I suppose to translate it into French. OMG! I don't even know how on earth am I going to translate those difficult words into French where else my French is pretty rusty now..@@

Anyways...I painted my fingers recently!!!!!



And toes

Yes I know it is not a big deal as everyone paints their fingernails now, including guys. Ever since I was enrolled into hospitality school, I never even bother to paint them anymore. Practical classes like Kitchen and Restaurant strictly don't allow long fingernails, what more with nail polish. Only when degree class started where we have zero practical classes, then only we are free to paint our nails into rainbow color. Another reason for me not painting my nails? I frequently cook at home, therefore exposure to knives are very high and I tend to scratch my nails pretty often. Oh, the main reason is because, I am lazy. =p 

Then one fine day when we went jalan jalan, I bought this make up set with nail polish inside! Red and pink! Oh yea. So here I am..painting my nails first time since the last time we girls went out and Kar Woon painted my nails light blue and yellow I think...=) Do I feel girly again? Well, I feel young actually! hahaha..Partially because it brought back some memories in high school where I love painting my nails during holidays. 

You know, I always love cooking, not professionally, but just cooking for the fun of it. I know I am not qualified as a professional chef in the kitchen, but cooking at home, I think I do fine. Somehow, I am very sensitive towards MSG and my whole body will feel uncomfortable after consuming something with MSG in it.So I prefer eating at home, at least I know there is no MSG in it at all. Cooking lunch and dinner? Pas ne problem! And I think I am getting hold of baking as well. 

So one fine day I am feeling creative under the influence of Iron Chef, so I made Sawi Fried Rice..


It is basically normal fried rice with fresh shitake mushrooms and carrot, dried prawns and sawi of course. 

The end results? I think it is very homely. Somehow after you eat, you will feel that this fried rice is very humble and homely. It is not fancy like restaurant food. The ingredients are easily accessible, and very easy to cook as well. 

Stuffed Chicken Breast with balsamic mushroom and bacon

On top of the sawi fried rice, we have something that is fancier. Balsamic vinegar and mushroom is a win win combination, top it up with the smokiness of the bacon and the moist you have from the stuffing, mummmm mummmmm. This is good stuff! =)

Its not that hard to cook really..It is just time consuming and perhaps you need some motivation to cook, like cooking for your loved one so he/she won't be hungry. haha. Have some patience while learning, but as you get the feel of it, you will be cooking like a pro is no time. =) 

A small little picture of the nerdy me in specs. =p

Bonne weekend people! XOXO

No comments: