Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oh the mind blasting questions

It was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me today because of the interview. Well, I really really wanted to score in this interview because of the international opportunities that they offered. And so, I was a bit nervous when they we telling us that we might miss the interview because they were running late. Each interviewee were questioned, interviewed for one hour with two interviewers. One hour interview! Can you imagine that?

I was all pumped up this morning because I am all excited for the interview. Then comes a call saying that we might not make it because it is running late and the interviewer have to catch a flight. The latest that they can leave, will be 5.30pm and our interview suppose to be at 4pm. So yes, everyone's interview is late for an hour. Do the calculation and tell me will you not be dissapointed.

You are suppose to be interviewed by two interviewers, then only consider it is a complete interview. Due to the time constraint, we were only interviewed by one interviewer and right after we finished, they rushed to the air port immediately. Well, it was expected, but, why do we have to be the last!!!=(

The questions asked were all mind bobbling questions and required a lot of thinking, plus understanding of the questions itself. I was a bit stunned when a few questions were thrown at me and I was told that I misinterpreted the questions. You need a lot of working experience to answer those questions seriously. What I am surprise is that all the questions thrown to me was negative questions. What I meant by negative meaning is like, Have you encountered with any communication problem?  Have you encountered with people being dishonest? Received any negative feedback? Well, of course the way he asked was way deeper and trickier.

You need to go through your memory dictionary to find back your experience and tell the interviewer everything from A-Z. I have that impression that I was being interrogate at that moment, literally. I was pretty upset when it was over because I misinterpret a few questions. I tried to give positive answer, but in the end, what the interviewer expected was negative answers. I don't really know whether he was trying to trick me or using some physiological ways of asking questions to test me so I was pretty much confused. I would not say I did really badly, but I guess I will feel better if I was interviewed by two person instead of leaving my faith to one person only.

At one point, my confidence were crushed. Why every time when I have interview, it must be at the last few spots and the interviewers are rushing to leave?? I really wanted this, but its all up to them I suppose? I told my dad and he said, don't worry about it, just go home and rest. I am sure you will get a job.

I will get a job of course, but this is an good opportunity! That is why, it is bothering me a little. And wish I could do better in the interview. Anyway, it was over and done. What I can do now, is to simply not think about it. 20 days to my dissertation due date. OMG!

Opportunities come and go. I am sure something out there is waiting for me. =) =) Anyways, i still have a lot of time to think about my future job.

No comments: