Sunday, April 25, 2010

3 destinations and tonnes of food..

I am finally back from my 1200km food hunting journey..what a trip and what a journey.. First destination Melaka..Flew down to Melaka and crashed at Seng Ming's for two days..Actually it was kind of cliche for me because last year in June, we went down to Melaka as well and at that time, me and B had not started 'yet'..we went back to the same place and ate the same food..(without the terrifying mosquitoes experience in Durian Farm of course this time..thank god its not Durian season yet...=) ) Its like walking down the memory lane for me..thinking back at those times when we first hold hands, hardly fell asleep because both of us were unsure what to do..how I miss those times... =)

The purpose of our trip is to makan eat and makan... nothing else...So once we started on our journey, there is no turning back but to eat..and I swear to god I eat all the time!!! =) I shall talk about what we ate in my next post..when it comes to food..I have too many pictures to show.. :p Melaka is still the same old Melaka except there are tonnes of new shopping malls coming up..HEY!! they even have Niche in Melaka okay? who say must go KL only can find nice things...honestly, the food in Melaka is not that great anymore...the chicken rice ball is definitely a turn down..the nyonya laksa just tasted fairly bland to us...the Portuguese food is another let down because it tasted like Malaysian food to me.. oh well..guess we need to hunt for another stall to eat..The Best thing that ever happen to us in Melaka...the Crepe Cake!!!! whoooo~~~~ shall talk about it in my next post...:p







Us hanging out at a cafe where we ate Crepe Cake.. Must camwhore a bit.. =)

After two nights at Melaka, we shoot right up to Ipoh..took us almost 3 - 4 hours..Ipoh..heaven for bean sprouts and chicken..slurrpp...Since we missed the bean sprouts during our last trip, this time almost every meal there are bean sprouts inside..the fat and juicy dou dou... =)  Must must eat in Ipoh are bean sprout and chicken, the smooth and silky kuey teow, kang kung and sotong, Lemon Jelly Ice, and the Liew Fun ( Something like Yong Tau Foo ) and many other delicacies..I must say..all the food's quality were well maintained..it tasted exactly the same as I had tasted last time..slurrppp...

and oh...we even went to Karaoke in Ipoh..haha..oh well..the cinema were closed when we reached the mall and its only 11pm...Honestly, Red Box or Green Box is way better in terms if songs selections and varieties...but we had a great time..=) 


Next stop Penang..and guess where we stayed???


yeap...call us rich buggers!! but to be honest..we only spend RM175 for one room in Hard Rock Hotel..muahaha...why?? because B they all have a friend who works there and he can get for us staffs price..once we heard RM175 for one night...straight confirm and go for it..hello! where can you get such price for Hard Rock Hotel?? :p and oh..the design of the hotel really suites Hard Rock theme..every where you can see Beatles...some Rock and Roll Star clothes..the swimming pool is pretty awesome..

This is probably the coolest thing ever...the guests who stay at the ground floor can jump into the pool straight from their room...and yes..you can sun bath outside your balcony..how cool is that...i have to go back and stay there next time... =) and oh..its not cheap thought.. =(



Told you there is Beatle everywhere..


Even MJ...kar woon sure suka..=)

View from our room..



Look at the cat on the left..he actually came to us and sat between B's leg and stare into the camera..but too bad it was in Carlos's camera..super photogenic car!! and in this picture he is actually posing as well..

All the guys playing at the swimnming pool...me? cameraman..=) Actually there are many more pictures in the pool with me in...did not post it because its too exposing..muahaha.. :p

Actually in Penang we had a bad time communicating...none of us speaks hokkien and every time when we need to order food or pay money, we can not understand anything at all..haha..its like cat talking to dog lo..Food in Penang is great too..First time I eat Char Kuey Teow with so such HUGE prawns, first time eating Hainanese cuisine, first time eating kuey chap in Malaysia and first time eating such nice octopus.. ('o') The best thing that happen to us is still Hard Rock Hotel..I told myself I will go back if I got the money.. :p  but the weather is madness!! sometimes I just wish I am in the hotel room watching tv..@@

This whole trip is about food food food and food...our tour guide is of course Mr Carlos and Mr Randall Chen..they seems to know everywhere to eat and where you can find the best food...like what Randall said..we don't even know what is hungry for this whole week..and thats very true...I am telling you...you should be adding a few pounds when you are eating like this..but me in another hand turn otherwise..>.< I have no idea why..but once I reached home, I automatically adjust my stomach back to my normal mode...So don't ask me why I keep dropping size...I wonder why also.. 

Anyway..it was definitely the food trip I needed after craving everything for a long time...what a journey what a journey...can not do this too often though..high cholesterol ar..haha..but people...do try it some days alright..its fun to eat all the time..=)

Us us again..love this picture...but if you notice..the bench is actually a cat bench.. =)

Will post about all the food we ate in my next post so be patient patient yea..=) End my post with a super nice scenery shot I caught...

No comments: