Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stay or Leave

Stay or Leave?

Responsibilities or Opportunities. Which one will you choose? When you had made up your mind to put your hands into something, before you realize, you already left your foot print behind. As time goes by, dependency gradually increased, responsibilities and burden that was left on your shoulder became heavier and you became the soul of that place. Do you draw the path yourself, or follow the path that was lay for you?

I was shock when I heard the news because i know, it will never be the same anymore without these two very special people. We were so used to them being around and guide us, support us, and care about us and I don't even dare to think what will happen if one day, they left. And yes, they dropped a bomb and left. It was a wise choice, because they deserve a break and something fresh in life other than staying in a same place bearing the responsibilities that are becoming heavier everyday.

At one point when I was in my training, it was my only motivation to drag myself to work everyday. Sarcasm yes, put us through hell yes, but did it make me stronger? Yes. It was a hard time for me at that time and work seems to be the only thing that kept me sane. All the words of wisdoms, the encouragement, compliments *ahem =p* keep it in heart I shall. These two power couple are my role models, and people that I utmost respect ever since I started this course. The ever sarcastic but kicked ass power manager, and the tough lady wine sommelier.I hereby wish you two all the best in the future and it is time to put your feet down before starting your engine again. I miss you both! It will never be the same after you two left.

I guess that is a life of a Food and Beverage personnel where you life is revolving around the restaurant only. But is it something that you are really passionate about and will not regret stepping into this pile of never ending work loads in the future? Honestly right now, I have no say because I still want to take my time to look around for more opportunities. Through my dissertation, I had learnt that no matter how strong or independent a woman is, at one point of her life, she would want to start a family and will not put work as her top priority. Reason being? Simple because we are women and it is in our nature to have that motherly qualities. Family and work, how are you going to balance it especially in this industry?

I had chosen a very tough path ahead, no, I am not regretting it because I know this is what I like. The question is, what is my game plan now?


We will see.

No comments: