Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The V Day

The Vday Phenomenon

If you see from facebook alone, there are people who adores Valentines Day and people who are anti Vday since a week before 14/2. You see shopping malls and restaurants putting up their marketing gimmick to boast up their sales of the month. Yes we all know they are trying to con our money, but still, everyone still falls for it. Because, Vday is a special day for the remembrance of your loved one. Whether that person is your loved one, friends or families. Whether you like it or not, Valentines Day will always be there. 

On this special day, you just feel like doing something special to pamper your loved one whether it is a bouquet of flower, chocolates or sweets, luscious dinner at some fancy restaurant etc. You name it. And all these come with a very 'favorable' price tag ya. haha. 

I am currently standing on the cross section of my life where my principals, thoughts were changing because we are all growing adults and things change. When I was in secondary school, I was in a all girls school so I definitely have no one to celebrate Valentines Day with. So I will always be locking myself in my room and complaining to myself that Valentines Day sucks big time or just trying to ignore the fact that that day is 14/2. Then I would imagine how nice if I have a bf and we can have candle light dinner at some super fancy restaurants. He brought me a bouquet of roses and a super cute bear as my Vday pressie. Oh yea, media influence because of tv overdose will lead to some unrealistic Valentines Day fantasy. haha

That was me in secondary school, now, I think that everyday is Valentines Day as long as you are with your loved one and you don't need one special day to remind yourself to appreciate your loved one. But, of course you need to do a little something different from your daily routine simple because, love is in the air and everyone is breathing the same air! ?? What am I saying now? haha

And so, this year, it was just a simple day with a touch of L.O.V.E. hahaha..

A little love from B..XD Too bad busted because I am faster..=p

 
Awesome afternoon tea at Delicious! =)

My Chamomile Tea..slurrps

B's Earl Grey Tea

The afternoon tea set is really worth it because we were so bloated after makan. In the tea set, you have two tea of your choice, cake of your choice which we had chosen the awesome traditional chocolate cake, warm scones with clotted cream, rosemary cheese cookie, finger sandwiches of tuna, smoke salmon and japanese cucumber, Duck fillo, Egg sandwich, strawberry with chocolate and chocolate truffles. And everything cost less then RM70.00. Tell me whether it is worth it or not. XD Oh, and all taste wonderful!

As for dinner, we decided to eat at home and cook ourselves.

Roast chicken with red pepper mashpotato on a bed of lettuce with honey lemon dressing.=)

The chicken was marinated overnight and was stuffed with lemon. Taste wise? AWESOME! haha..Perasan sial. =p The chicken is tender, perfectly cook and well seasoned, the red pepper mashpotato is awesome too and the salad dressing is nice. What more can you ask for? haha. 

And oh, green tea crepe caking in the making! Suppose to make it today but did not realize it needs to sit for a day so ya, green tea pastry cream and crepe batter is ready to be use in the fridge. wheeee~ Hopefully it is nice nice nice! We shall see tomorrow. =)

It is a simple celebration, but I cherish every moment together with B. No matter what it is, I am grateful today that I had met such a great guy in my life and have the chance to share every special moment in life with him. 

Happy Valentines Day darling b.

<I L.O.V.E u>


No comments: