Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jalan Jalan Perancis 2

Here comes Day 2 part 1

Musee du Louvre

How can you miss out this popular tourist destination when you are in Paris. Like my mum said, it is one of the biggest and most influential museum in the world. Before going to Musee du Louvre, we decided to walk to the opposite direction where 'Eye of Paris' lies.

While walking towards 'Eye of Paris'


We were caught up by some awesome looking 18sx statues and we started to camwhore with most of it. Like the picture above. =p Oh well, they were left there for a reason. haha.


Eye of Paris

Looking gorgeous isn't it? It is right opposite Musee du Louvre and you just can not miss it. If you have look through my pictures in FB, you may notice I have a lot of tree pictures. Well, I have a certain special liking for trees during winter. I keep telling people that and they will stare at me one kind. haha. For me, the trees are now asleep and resting, waiting to bloom when spring sneaks in.Hmm..okay, I am weird. =p

And so, comes my picture with trees. haha

Its huge im telling you.


After snapping some pictures at the 'Eye of Paris', we walked back to Musee du Louvre. Yeap, its a transparent looking pyramid building. But do not underestimate the size of it because of the artifacts were kept under where we stood in that picture. I heard it was huge underneath. Yeap, I heard. We did not went it because of time constraint. My mum nagged me for one whole day because I did not went it and see Mona Lisa. Oh well, till next time Mona Lisa. =p

Us us..=)


Seriously, why are all the buildings in France are built in a way where it is very very straights? Nice nice nice..proper planning it is...

Next stop..time to hunt down some food to fill our tummy..and guess what we saw? None other than a Boulangerie ( Shop that is specialize in bread and pastry ) When you come to France, the thing you can not miss and MUST not miss, will be their arrays of bread and pastries. Eating sandwich as breakfast lunch and dinner is pretty normal in France, and as a bread lover myself, I have no objections or rejections to the wonderful sandwiches of France. Like this one, is one of the best I had eaten in Paris.

Roasted beef sandwich with pickle

But bear in mind, in France, they use a lot of mustard in their sauce, not so much of the white american mayo. So whenever you see a squeeze bottle which appears to look like a mayo, please be extra careful, it might just be a super spicy French mustard which taste exactly like wasabi. Like us, we thought it was mayo so we squeeze super a lot on our sandwich and once you bite on it, hmmmmm, SPICY AR! haha. So be careful people..

Then comes Chez Claude where we had our first proper French set lunch.


It look like a gloomy shabby restaurant from the outside..At first we were attracted to their price value set lunch with duck confit in it. So without thinking much, we went in and sat down. It was pretty empty when we first reached there, and was thinking hmm..looks like a quiet restaurant.But I was wrong, the crowd started to walk into the restaurant and it was all jam packed while we were having our lunch. So what we ate there?

I had escargot as starter

Actually it was my very first time eating escargot actually and I don't know how to use the cutlery that was used to grab the snails. Ahem, memalukan. =p Anyways, the escargot was filled with some pesto like paste with olive oil and it taste good. The sauce is good to eat with bread though. =)

B had French Onion Soup

This is probably the best French Onion Soup I had tasted so far. It is very tasty, the seasoning is just perfect and goes very well with the cheese crouton and bread. They certainly weren't stingy with their onions. =)

I had Grilled Steak with bernaise sauce as main

My doneness for this steak is..cheng cheng cheng! Medium rare o! muahaha..Well, I know a good piece of steak taste really juicy and awesome when it is medium rare so hey, why not. and indeed, the doneness is perfect and perhaps for some people it is too bloody, but surpringly, i love it. =p The steak goes really well with bernaise sauce too...One flaw about this dish is, where is my vege!! 

B had Duck Confit as main

One thing about duck confit is, the whole duck thigh itself is cook in fats slowly until it is tender from the inside and crispy on the outside. It is not easy to get this kind of texture before it is quite time consuming and the control of fire is very important. But Chez Claude had hit it right on the correct key and delivered a splendid dish. Perhaps one small thing that should be included in this dish, some kind of sauce. Because with all the duck confit and fries, it may be a bit too dry. But, it is till spot on! 

Others had grilled lamb with potato and herb butter

The doneness of the lamb is awesome and very well seasoned. The potatoes were very good too, just the right texture and seasoning.

Grilled Salmon with spinach

Perhaps the dish with the most vegetables of the day and I love it. haha. The salmon is fresh and tender and the sauce compliments really well with the fish and spinach.


The best Creme Bulee I ever had!

The texture is as smooth as an ice cream and it just melts away in your mouth. It has a crunchy texture because of the torched caramelize sugar and that creamy smooth sweet custard below. Oh~~~ Heaven~~~

Overall, our lunch was AWESOME! Perhaps one of the best meals I had in France along the trip. All the dishes were done to perfection and did not dissapoint us at all. Thumbs up to Chez Claude!

When it comes to dessert, everywhere in Paris you can see one pastry shop after another and everything on the display counter seems to be SO tempting. The colors, presentation and even the price is pretty affordable. Despite having a full tummy from our lunch, we still bought a little macaroon frambois as our dessert. 

Macaroon tower anyone? and this is not even Pierre Herme or Laduree and it looks so nice.

Tempting right? 

This is what we bought. Macaroon Frambois. It is actually two huge raspberry or rose flavor macaroon sandwich between raspberries and lychee filling in the middle. Well, of course we had this before we tried the one at Pierre Herme. It can not be compared at all because Pierre Herme's Ispahan had reached the heaven point of how a dessert should be. As for this macaroon frambois, it still taste awesome and it has a really nice texture to it. The macaroon is soft and once you bite into it, it just melts away. Thumbs up!

Oh la la~~ Isn't all these food making you hungry? I am...

To be continued~~

1 comment:

Nicole said...

drooling over the creme brulee