Monday, June 21, 2010

Fooditology

Its Father's Day...So happy father's day to all the daddies and baba out there...thanks for all the hardwork of bringing up your children...and happy daddy day to B also...=) Don't forget we have our guinea pig babies as well..:p

This is a full food post with a lot of food pictures..so if you are hungry at the moment..please do not proceed..:p come back when you are stuffed...

China Town Mochi

When we went to Melaka in our previous trip, I was craving for some mochi...and B told me the ones in China Town is better...We had a very rare chance to be at China Town the other day and we found the mochi aunty...and she is super friendly and funny...haha..

The mochi aunty's stall

Even Ho Chak came before o..=)

Aunty gave us a mochi each to try..

Me : wah...very soft and nice

Aunty : Of course it is nice..its 'yi liu yi liu' ( means it is very good very good )

She even gave us a thumb up after giving us our mix mochi...haha..self promoting works very well at times..

Our mix mochi


Look at the peanuts they put...its superb...the mochi is just so soft and have the right chewy texture..chewy but not too chewy..the peanuts are very fragrant and fine...slurrrpppp

 Green tea mochi

Ribena Mochi!!!

She even have mango mochi, lychee mochi in it...seriously..I did not know mochi comes in so many other flavours...definitely will come back for more..but a warning before hand..it is RM5 for one box of mix mochi...not that cheap really..but its worth every cent after you tried it..

Fried Chinese Lap Cheong Omelette


Hey..looks like the ones that you can get in the restaurant right?? haha..but I made it myself..:p oh well..I did a few mistakes though..the oil is too hot in the beginning so when I put in the Lap Cheong, it gets burnt very fast...I did not stay there and control the fire because I wanted to heat up something so in the end..the Lap Cheong get burnt! :( but luckily it still tasted okay...I did not know I can flip the egg so nicely you see.. :p Now I know in restaurants, they cook their omelet in super high heat so you can get the brown edges...but if you do so..please remember to control your fire....

The Famous Jalan Alor Curry Mee


Since I wasn't able to snap a picture of the curry mee last time, this time I Must take a nice one..and here it is...slurrrppp...


The curry is very thick and flavourful...just the right flavors that every curry mee should be...not those watery broth with just a bit of curry flavors because it is so diluted..it comes with cockles, long beans, brinjals, some shredded chicken, taugeh and tao fu pok...Definitely worth the money...It costs around RM4.50 per bowl..

But one advice from me..when eating Curry Mee..the best is still to eat it with mee..when you eat it with bihun like what I did..you will ended up having all your curry broth soak up..haha..

Father's Day Menu

We have...

Potato Salad with mustard dressing

Normally in other potato salad recipes, mustard was only added to help the vinaigrette to bind..but my hands itchy and terput too much of mustard...so...it became a mustard dressing...I have lemon and olive oil in it...added with some chopped garlic...chicken stock and finally some chives...end results...not too bad..=)

Caramelized onions with balsamic reduction

It looks black because of the balsamic vinegar alright...not because I burned the onions...haha...Caramelized onions are naturally sweet and the balsamic vinegar adds an extra sour and sweet kick into it...combine both..its heaven...=)

Blanced and roasted cauliflower, brocolli and carrots..

and finally THIS!!!

Pork Chop!

This is something really new for me..The pork was brinned with brown sugar, water, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice for a few hours...pan seared it and oven roast it just to cook it through...in the end..the result was nice nice nice...I found this recipe in AFC actually..originally you have to brinned it with apple cider which I do not have at that moment...I used lemon juice instead and put a bit of lemon zest into the brine..It was meant for BBQ..but hey...I am perfectly statisfied with the end results..but of course I only did the marinating...the cooking of the pork is done by B...:p let the expert to the job mer...

Combine everything and you will get this!!!


Not to forget our cake...

Lemon Butter Cake

I know I had been talking about food very frequent...but hey...everyone has their own thing to write about..and writting about food does make me feeling statisfied...=) Maybe I should start a food blog...:p

Have a great week ahead..I know mine will be good...=)

No comments: