The traffic in Federal is just awesome! So little cars and you can just cruise down without much obstructions. How I wish Federal is like that everyday. Sigh! oh well. The good thing about Raya besides bazaar, no traffic in KL. whee~~
Instead of the common Yuen Steamboat that I have been for don't know how many times in the past, we ought to try Tasty Pot which has 4 floors! @@ I thought no one would come out on Raya Eve since all balik kampung already, but I was wrong!
Tasty Put BBQ Steamboat
Just look at the crowd!
I thought it was empty! mana tau its packed with people and the crowd just keep coming. Of course, its mostly Chinese and some foreign students. See! We celebrate Raya also!! haha..but enjoying the good traffic and some steamboat. Sunway Mentari has really became a steamboat village. So many different outlets selling steamboat and all seems to have a descent amount of customers, especially Tasty Pot and Yuen.
One thing good about Tasty Pot, you have 6 different soup choices to choose for. The normal Herbal Soup and Tom Yum, Szechuan spicy soup, porridge, and two special ones that I never had before, Soya soup and Surry Soya soup. We choose Herbal soup and Curry Soya, just to taste how the soya soup taste like. To my surprise, its fairly good! It is like a very mild curry broth with a hint of sweetness from the soya. If you are worried that it is too heavy, worry not because the soya has been mixed with some chicken broth to make it sweet and light.
On the right you have the curry soya soup and on the left you have herbal soup. Slurppp~~
So if you are in a steamboat buffet, what will you take? For small eater like us, ball ball is a must ( sorry, but I seem to like everything that is round. haha ), some seafood ( No crab and prawns for us since B is allergic and I don't really fancy eating it. We have lots of snails, unknown snails, mussels and lala instead, vegetables is a MUST, and LOADS of mushrooms! haha. We simply just love mushrooms. :p
and oh! this is round two of mushrooms o..:p
Some grilled ikan kembung and sausages. The fish is pretty fresh really.
Arrr..the hit item of the night. Marmite chicken!
Maybe it is a trend set by Yuen where everyone will go oh-so-crazy over the chicken wings, die die also rush and grab as many chicken wing as you can when the worker brought it out, Tasty Pot seems to follow them as well. and I must say, its is GOOD! Probaby better than Yuen's Chicken Wing. The sauce is filled with marmite goodness, thick and sweet, the chicken is crispy and well marinated. It even have some sesame seeds to give it an extra kick. Yummy yummy!
I saw them grilling crabs as well!
I was quite excited when I saw the worker grilling so many crabs, so even though we don't eat it, I still went and took some pictures. :p In tasty pot, there are quite a lot of food choices that you can take like lots and lots of balls, seafood like clams, mussels, fish, crab prawns, loads of vegetables, bbq items like crab, fish, mussels and even grilled lamb, and of course ice cream! haha. How can you not finish your steamboat with ice cream??
When i read the review for Tasty Pot, people said it is RM23.60 per person not including drink, but it seems that they had increase the price recently. It is RM26.90 per person now. =( oh well. I guess if you are a big seafood eater it is very worth it. Despite the slightly high price compare to Yuen, it is still worth a try.
p/s We felt like a guinea pig that night because we ate lot of vegetables and mushrooms. @@
No comments:
Post a Comment