Thursday, December 30, 2010

The 18th

18 months and still counting


It is not a overly fancy romantic celebration, not a full of surprises night, but a simple dinner with the two of us. What else do you need right? What more, these few months our money will be pretty tight. Birthday coming (^^o),  Valentines Day (^^), KK trip (^v^), France Trip (^^,)..Money is going to flow out~~~~ But hey! Ang Pao money also lai lai lai!!! =p

Finally, we decided to full fill my long waited korean date dream, which is Korean BBQ!!!! My saliva was literally dripping whenever i see anyone eating Korean BBQ! I had been bugging B for the past few months and finally, his ears can rest from the never ending Korean BBQ chanting.

Dae Jang Geum Korean Restaurant SS14




It is a very simple korean BBQ restaurant, it was a bit quiet when we reached there. But as we sat longer, the crowd started to come in and its on a weekday. So I must say, they must be doing pretty well. We ordered pork belly and marinated lamb for BBQ and a spicy tofu soup. I am a huge fan of korean soup, so I die die also want to order one. =p The service is pretty quick and the food comes out very soon after you placed your order. The service staffs will fill up the tables with banchan and started to work on our bbq meat.

Our whole tables were soon filled with all these delicious banchan. We have some apple, jap cucumber and potato salad, pickled cockles, zucchini tempura, Kimchi of course ( This one is a little too salty for my liking =( ), pickled brinjal, cold tofu, steamed tofu, taugeh, anchovies with peanuts, spinach and also my spicy tofu soup. Each and every banchan is seasoned well and it all taste good! I like!

Pork Belly
Before BBQ

Cooking Cooking..^^

Marinated Lamb!! THE BEST DAMN THING!


It is DAMN well marinated and the flavors just burst in your mouth! Love this!!! 

Ended our meal with papaya and also some kind of tong sui. No idea what it is, but something like a barley and ginger tong sui.

I seriously thought that we could not finish everything because the table was full of food. But at the end of the meal, we swept everything clean! muahahaha! Do I feel guilty for eating so much of meat? Nope! =p I am finally satisfied!!! No more bugging B about korean food for at least a month. 


Went over to Jaya One for a drink before heading home. What is better than Guinness on the tap? 

Slurpppssss~~


18th months~~ 

For others we may seems like married couple in a way, and yes, I will not deny it either. We are like a married couple, the only thing missing is the paper and wedding ceremony. =p I am currently undergoing my housewife training, and also learning the art of understanding man. Have I succeeded? Well, we humans are never satisfied with what we have don't we? It is a never ending learning journey and you need a lot of patience and tolerations along the way. B is the one with the all the patience and tolerance in the world towards me.

These few days, B had been fetching me everywhere for my dissertation without any grudges or complaints. Even today before I conduct my interview, Carmen said see how much he sayang you. I instantly felt guilty for troubling him. If it is not because of him, i think i might have lose my way. He gave me new pointers, ideas and also assisting me along the way by calming me down whenever I faced some dead ends. I truly thank him from the bottom of my heart for being my mentor, calm guru, happy pill and also my lover. 

Thank You, my angel from heaven.

Je t'aime beaucoup et merci beaucoup. <3


No comments: