Friday, December 17, 2010

Cameron Highland Day 1

Hello people! We just came back from our Road Trip to Cameron Highland! Wohooooo~ Overall, it was such a smooth ride since the beginning of our trip. Everything goes on accordingly, thanks to Google Map, my phone's GPS and of course my very 'good' navigation' skills, we manage to go to most of the places that we wanted to go. It was our first time driving long distance and I must say, it has been an adventure. =)

Very Very excited for our trip! =)

DAY 1

We took off early in the morning to avoid the horrendous jam in KL and we did! It is a clear and smooth ride all the way up to Cameron Highland.I drove also! haha.Well at least I drove for 40+km so B won't feel so tired because of long distance driving. I think this is only the second time I drove B's car. tsk tsk..We took Simpang Pulai route instead of Tapah route to Cameron because the roads are wider and it is not so steep. It only took us three hours plus to reach Cameron Highland. This is by car. From what I read online, if you take bus, it will be between 4 hours to 5 hours.

Such a relief to see this sign..=p

On the way to Kampung Raja, we stopped by a few places because we are already in the mood for visitings..=p

Green View Garden

The first thing that caught my eye! DESSERTSSSSS~~~( its only 11am =p)

They have this little garden and farms inside with arrays of flowers, vegetables and fruits like grapes! ( Malaysia can grow grapes..i wonder whether they can make wine from it? haha ), passion fruits ( which I don't bother to take because the ones growing in my house in way bigger than the ones they had here =p ), strawberries of course and some chicken and turkey! haha

But I must say, the best thing here issssss~

Strawberry strudel

This is a very easy and straightforward dessert. Puff pastry layered with strawberries, whipped cream and pastry. Simple and yet, so nice. The crunchy and buttery puff pastry, the sweet and sour strawberries and the oh-so creamy whipped cream and pastry cream, oh yes, I am already missing this. =(. It is priced at RM7.50 for one, but if you compare it with KL price, i think it is still worth it. 

Us us us..

Hillview Inn is where we stayed on our first night..First impression when we reached there, we made a right choice. It looks so cozy...=)

Right?

We had a bit of problem finding for our room as we did not aspect it to be at the front where you have the best view. haha. We have two balconies and an attached bathroom. 

B is excited to see our room!

The view from our room..not too bad huh?

It started to rain heavily after we checked in so I took a short short nap before my tummy started to grumble...Okay..I am hungry and I need food! Let's go makan even though it is raining..=p

It is freezing cold when it is raining!
Restaurant Fern Nyonya

I read about this restaurant online and decided to check ourself in as I am very hungry and it is just around the block. We ordered Stir Fry Beef with Pineapple  and Tom Yum Soup. Who would not crave for a hot and spicy tom yum soup when it is freezing cold? Overall the dish is pretty satisfying as we are too hungry and cold. haha. Not the best, but enough to fill our tummy and keep us warm.

After we finish eating, the rain gradually stops and we went wandering around Tanah Rata..Personally, I think Tanah Rata is where all the cafes are allocated, serving Malaysian and western cuisines. You can find pretty descent desserts like Chinese tong sui and western desserts along the streets.Do spend some time walking exploring the street as you may surprise yourself with some nice things to eat. =)

The sun is out out and just in time for Night Market.=)

We drove up to Brinchang for their famous Night Market. The crowd is already there when we reached Brinchang around 6pm. 
Ramai Orang!

So what do you do when you go to a night market? Search for food of course!

FOOD!

You can not miss the fried food they have along the street. Must must try their fried oyster mushroom, kinchan/kimchan flower,and of course sweet potato balls!!! But I must warn you before eating a sweet potato ball, you may have A LOT of air after eating it. So, be careful! =p Even if you are not a fan of corn, when you are in Cameron Highland, it is a must must to eat at least one. Especially the Jagung Mutiara. It is sweet and it can even be eaten raw. You can have it rebus( boiled), Bakar ( bbq) or in cup. 

So what we have for dinner? 

Char Kuey Teow

Asam Laksa

Both actually taste quite okay and nice considering we are at a Night Market. Satisfied our hungry tummy.=p 
And that wraps up our first day at Cameron Highland. =) 

No comments: