Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh Sabah! 2

Continued~~

Dinner time! Our initial plan to a famous seafood restaurant failed because my brother could not remember how to go to the restaurant..haha..after rounds and rounds of strolling around, we finally decided to go to this popular seafood restaurant spot in the town..

Shuang Tian Seafood Restaurant

But people, please be aware though..there are four main seafood restaurants in this hawker center and all selling seafood. We both thought that the first two restaurants are like tourist trap as it is located in the front with tonnes of people pulling you to sit down. So we decided to go for this restaurant as they have more people and the choices of seafood are more.

Live Seafood yo! =)


Most of the clams, Prawns, Lobsters, Fishes, oysters are all alive!


This is the cutest thing ever..Scallops

Why is it cute? Because while staring at all these seafood, the scallops actually fight with each other and splashing water. Okay. Call me a 'kuku' fellow like what Mr Pierre said, I had never seen a live scallop in Malaysia before. =p

Oh yes, Live Crabs..Too bad, we won't be eating these

More seafood!!! Most of it we can not even name it..

After looking at all these seafood, our eyes were almost crossed and we were spoil for choice. This is the first time ordering and eating seafood on my own, and I want to eat everything!!!! haha. Too bad we are on a budget budget. So after dueling with ourselves for more than 15 minutes, we finally settled with these...

Stingray Bakar, or BBQ Stingray..

THIS! is awesome! haha..I prefer my ikan bakar to be wet like these. I like the splurge of spicy sauce on it and the extra sour kick of the limau to go with the fish. The fish is cook to perfection, not too dry and not too wet..Seasoned well and the belacan is spicy sial! haha

I have no idea what is this call, but..its AWESOME!

It is just blanch and served with a sauce on the side. The sauce is slightly tangy and sweet, goes perfectly well with the clams.

The inti is damn HUGE lorrrrr~ =)

Soft Shell Crab to satisfy my brother's and his gf's craving..

Of course, how could I resist to not try one. =p Normally when you eat soft shell crab in any restaurant, you are merely just eating the shell and the batter, not the meat. But this little creature over here, is filled with crab meat. Thumbs up!

Hua Jiao Sotong ( Salt and Pepper squid )

Paku Pakis

How could I live without vegetables? No way no way. We ordered this Paku Pakis ( I always call this paku pakis..haha..can anyone tell me its name? =p ) cooked with only garlic. Sounds simple, but taste wise, Best! I always like the texture of this vegetable. It is like the a very thin asparagus with leaf. hmmm..sounds wrong..haha..Anyways, try it then you will know. =)

Whole of food for the four of us! Sinful sial..


And yet, we finished everything..=) =)

Feeling hungry already? wait..there is more! =p

The next morning, we went to Gaya Street for their Sunday morning market..My brother brought us to this famous restaurant there for their Ngau Chap ( Mixed Beef Noodle ) and laksa for breakfast..

Laksa

It is a very mild laksa but packed with flavors. This is not a typical laksa you find in Penisular Malaysia..Prawns, shredded chicken, shredded egg and coriander are the condiments you find in this laksa. I love the Mee Hoon they use in Sabah. It is not as thin as those we get here and it doesn't absorb ALL the broth away..I like!

Ngau Chap ( Mixed Beef Noodle )

This bowl of noodle is filled with assorted condiments like beef balls, sliced beef and other parts. Well, I would say it is worth it because there you have so many condiments in one small bowl of noodle. But taste wise, I wish the broth has more kick. haha. But nevertheless, it is still a bowl of beef godness. =)

After eating, It is time to explore the morning market. 


The first thing that greets us in the morning.. python..@@ I never like reptiles EVER in my life..especially huge ones like this..But at one point, i think it is quite cute and I find myself conflicting with my own principal.. hahaha...


This cute little sausage dog who wanders around the whole morning market with his owner is definitely a crowd pleaser. So cute with his chinese costume and a fake hp on the side. 


They even sell pets like dogs, cats, hamsters, chicken, rabbits and fish in the morning market..

Sunset in KK

It looks like heaven isn't it?

And that ends our little KK getaway...Three days two nights is definitely not enough to see everything in KK..We missed Kundasang because of our limited time..My brother said from Kundasang, you can have a great view of Mt Kinabalu..But nevertheless, at least we went to Pulau Sapi and had a great time there as it is really beautiful..The food in KK is great, but not cheap! So if you are planning to go KK, do get your pocket ready because it may be slightly more expensive than KL food price. So if we are planning to visit KK again, it is time to see Mt Kinabalu!!! =) =)

No comments: