Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh Sabah!

Hello bloggie! Been missing for a few days, and now I am back. I am a bit lazy though. =p Anyways, we just came back from our little Kota Kinabalu's getaway two days ago. Burnt and got toasted on my back and hands, ate nonstop, walk walk walk and walk, snorkeled swim snap pictures, Holiday!


It was a three days two nights little trip for us as we had booked this last year when they had this promotion for air ticket and hotel. Special thanks to my dad for sponsoring our air fare and stay and also my mum for sponsoring our food fund. haha. 

Flew over to Kota Kinabalu and reached there around 12am in the morning..Pity my brother who have to sneaked out and fetch us. Forced him to bring us for supper...=p Oh well, what to do, I am a demanding sister and he is hungry too..muahaha..Went over to Fook Yuen Restaurant for this =====>

Bread with Kaya and Butter

You must be wondering, what is so nice about this bread..it is just some ordinary bread with kaya and butter..Well, that is what I thought also..but once I eat it, I want more! hahaha..Can you believe that three days in a row I went to Fook Yuen for their bread? It is as though I had never eaten bread in my life before..This bread, is not toasted, nor steamed. Just a ordinary white bread with kaya and butter. So what so special about this bread? It is fresh, damn damn soft, the butter and kaya just adds some extra creaminess and sweetness to the soft soft bread...Once you bite it, the bread just sinks in..Arrrrrr~ I miss it already..

We stayed at Tunes Hotel.. Well, to my surprise, the room is pretty clean and comfy despite it is really small. Thanks to the extra mirrors in the room, white lighting and wall color, it gives us an illusion that the room is bigger than what it is. Satisfied. =) 


The next morning...Nom Nom time! =) Destination? Fa Gei Fish Noodle..

Look at the crowd! When you see this kind of crowd, the food ought to be good..

Fu chok! This is awesome!!!! Crispy on the outside, and they are definitely not stingy with their fish paste.

Mixed Fish Noodle

When I first look at it, I thought of fish head noodle. And indeed, it is like fish head noodle. But the difference is, this one I did not asked for extra milk in it so the color of the broth actually comes from the fish bones. It is very much flavored with tomatoes as it gave some extra sweetness to the broth. When it comes to the noodle's accompaniments, they are very generous with their fish paste, fish balls, fish cakes, fish fillet and also tomatoes. Now I know why there are so many people are patronizing this stall. Oh, a little catch here, it is not cheap ya. This bowl of noodle cost me RM7 ( large ). tsk tsk tsk. But come to think of it, it is worth it. =)

Next stop Jesselton Point!

There are four main islands that you can visit, which are Pulau Manukan ( The most developed Island ), Pulau Mamutik, Pulau Sapi, Pulau Gaya and Pulau Suluj ( These two are not so popular i think ). We choose Pulau Sapi simply because Pulau Manukan is quite developed..haha..


Tell me, isn't this paradise?


The water is sooo clear and there are so many fishes around even though it is just near the beach


Those are fishes people!!! Look at it! haha..

Camwhore camwhore! =) =)

We rented a mask and fins to snorkel around..Too bad my tube was leaking and I have no choice but to come up to the surface every time I need to breath. To our surprise, even though we just snorkel near the beach, we actually saw a few Nemo! and B got bitten by one! hahahaha..Last time when we went to Tioman island, we did not even saw any! tsk tsk tsk. I must say, the marine life there is pretty healthy. So please please maintain it so we can have clear sea water and ample of  fishes swimming around.


It was a hot hot hot afternoon..and guess what, I forgotten to bring my sunblock! ARRRRR! That is why I am burnt and toasted now..tsk tsk tsk..people! REMEMBER to bring your sunblock whenever you are visiting any islands please..




Nice right? The water is clear, the sky is clear, the sands are soft and there are many many fishes swimming around you so what more can you ask for? I am loving the islands in Sabah! haha


So ya, if you are an island lover like us, please do visit the islands around Sabah..It is just,,,perrrrrrffffeeeect! haha..

TO BE CONTINUE~~~ ( Time to sleepp! XD )

No comments: